A note from us.

Please keep in mind that just because you PICKED the word, it doesn't make the piece about you, rather, it is for you.

And sometimes a four-letter cuss word is the best adjective, noun, verb to use. Please don't be offended, and if you are, you don't have to read our blog.






Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Vultures. Liz.














Vultures.


The vultures are coming.
I can feel it.
And they will feed on what
is left of our love.
something we never made sacred.
I am on my way back to where I started,
on my knees.
But this time,
I will be praying.

-Shannon Masayo

Vultures

I am a corpse on the side of the road
A heap of baking death in the desert heat
Melting to the asphalt
Waiting for the vultures to pick me clean
To turn me into dental records and fingertips
No one will recognize me
Thank god
Cause I don’t want anyone to see what I’ve become
This place has sucked the life from me and left me for dead
God damned desert
You stole from me the life I loved
The high-noon vultures circle and start their slow descent
And I feel myself slip to the bottom of the food chain
I used to show such promise
Now all I am is well-done scavenger meat


-Ryan Baker


Vulture
I've had enough of his acidic touch.
He's a fucking vulture, picking at my scraps.
Yet you part your legs and part ways with progress...
I just have to laugh...what happened to ambition?
And what else is there to do when the killer is a victim?
No one should feel sorry for you.
We are both thieves,
One goes about it like a gentleman,
One does it for attention.
One needed you to believe
One needs you to feed.
You let this happen, you still do.
You both can go fuck yourselves.
There's always a fresher kill,
I won't look for love in a landfill.
You both can fly free and high,
because the best thing about simple beasts,
They eventually die.

-Tylor Sherman

1 comment: